Stuffed mushrooms Recipe
8 large fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 glass of milk
5 tablespoons of flour
100 gr Emmental (yellow) cheese
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve for later
- Chop onion, mushroom’s stems and mix with minced garlic; add Salt and white pepper.
- Stir together chopped onions, garlic and mushroom’s stems over a low heat until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Prepare sauce: in preheated pan add flour and gradually whisk in heated milk, in order to make a roux, and then cook under gentle heat while stirring with a whisk. Cook until the souse thickened and smooth.
- Fill mushroom caps with stir fried onions-mushroom mix, then with milk thick sauce and on top place small slice of Emmental (yellow) cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.